The comics industry lost a luminary this weekend - Mike Wieringo passed away Sunday of a sudden heart attack. Details are still sketchy as of this time, but according to close sources, the acclaimed artist had chest pains at some point during the day and called 911, but the responders did not make it in time.

Mike Wieringo was 44 years old. He was a vegetarian, and "one of the healthiest ones of us in the bunch," as his longtime friend and collaborator Todd Dezago described him.

Rest in peace to Mike & his family, he was a great inspiration to me, drew one of my favorite versions of Spidey & Flash as well as co-crafting the excellent series Tellos. I still have Flash #80, which I believe was his first DC work and his style had me hooked since. He will be missed.

For more info you can check his blog which his brother now maintains.

0 comments: