Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Scott Shaw announced yesterday on his forum that he will be illustrating a back-up story in Teen Titans 30-31 that features return of Captain Carrot and his Amazing Zoo Crew, the first in 20 years! I'm pretty excited, having grown up on "The New Teen Titans" & "DC Comics Presents" so all the nostalgic feelings are coming back to me.

here's what Scott said in his post:

Thanks to Geoff Johns, who has written the story and script for my eight pages, Captain Carrot is indeed returning to DC Comics! Rather than a backup story, these will be key moments in a much bigger story -- which parodies the "grim and gritty" approach to funnybooks that began in Alan Moore's WATCHMEN -- interwoven within the regular TEEN TITANS storyline, written by Geoff and drawn by Tony Daniel. I'm penciling and inking all eight pages myself, and it's a blast!

As the publication date of TEEN TITANS No.'s 30 and 31 approaches, you'll be seeing a lot more "official" publicity on the first "new" Captain Carrot story in twenty years!

(Oh, Jonah...!)

Aloha,

Scott!

Be sure to check this out... I know I will! Teen Titans #30 goes on sale November 16, 2005 at a $2.50 cover price.Teen Titans #31 goes on sale December 21, 2005 at a $2.50 cover price.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the first 13 issues of Captain Carrot and love this comic so much. I am happy to see it return. :)