press release:
Devil's Due announces fan & retailer G.I. Joe contests.

Begins spring, culminates in July with release of G.I. JOE: AMERICA’S ELITE

To amp up the excitement for the new G.I. JOE: AMERICA’S ELITE series, Devil’s Due Publishing (DDP) introduces a variety of contests to fans and retailers alike. Beginning this spring and running through the summer, DDP and G.I. JOE, under license from the Hasbro Properties Group, the intellectual development arm of Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE: HAS), are bringing the nation together in a number of extraordinary events: fans can enter the G.I. JOE Biggest Fan Contest; retailers can shoot for the Best DDP Retailer Display Contest and participate in G.I. JOE Day on July 4, celebrating the launch of G.I. JOE: AMERICA’S ELITE.

In G.I. JOE: AMERICA’S ELITE, a year has passed since the events of G.I. JOE #43. The world has grown even more chaotic, and when a tragedy of mythic proportions is visited upon Chicago, the President must summon the country’s greatest warrior to lead a new G.I. JOE team. Who will make the cut to be on the new JOE team? And what of Cobra? It all begins in June with the release of G.I. JOE: AMERICA’S ELITE #0 priced at 25¢. Issue #1 follows in July with a $2.95 cover price.

“We’re so excited about G.I. JOE: AMERICA’S ELITE we thought getting fans and retailers involved was the perfect way to get everyone into the fun and excitement,” said Josh Blaylock, President of DDP. “It’s a great time for G.I. JOE fans old and new to experience the launch of something special.”

The contests break down as follows:

**The Biggest G.I. JOE Fan Contest. That’s all there is to it. Prove to DDP that YOU are the biggest G.I. JOE fan and win a lifetime subscription to DDP’s G.I. JOE comic book series—the only person to have a DDP subscription of this kind! The sky is the limit, so what are you going to do? Submit materials via email or mail by July 31. Winners will be announced Aug 8 on DDP’s website. Individual entries only. No groups, clubs, etc.

** The Best DDP Retailer Display Contest. Create the best DDP and G.I. JOE display in your store and win a DDP creator signing and pizza party. We’ll help you promote the event and provide DDP products and merchandise prize packages! Just submit photos (including store front and display), display description and store info to DDP by June 30, 2005. Winners will be announced July 5 at midnight on DDP’s web site.

**G.I. JOE Day. Host a G.I. JOE Day at your store on July 4! Retailer participants receive bag stuffers, New G.I. JOE Con Exclusives, signed merchandise, a G.I. JOE product pack (from DDP and other JOE licensees). DDP’s web site will give tips to help retailers promote the day. Retailers can receive additional discounts and any photos of the day submitted to DDP will be printed in issues of G.I. JOE.

More information on the contests will be posted to DDP's website, http://www.devilsdue.net/ , in the next few weeks. Retailers may visit http://www.devilsdue.net/retailers.

Devil's Due. Reminding everyone that pop culture IS our culture.


ABOUT DEVIL'S DUE PUBLISHING (DDP)

Devil's Due Publishing was formed in 1999 as both a commercial art studio and a small press comic book publisher. DDP's first breakout success was 2001's revamp of G.I. JOE, returning the long-lost 1980s characters to comics. Fans bought over 100,000 copies per month, immediately propelling G.I. JOE to the top of the charts. Today, DDP's lineup includes Army of Darkness, Street Fighter, Hack/Slash and the Aftermath universe, a new imprint featuring super-powered heroes in titles like Defex, Breakdown, Blade of Kumori and Infantry.



ABOUT THE HASBRO PROPERTIES GROUP
The Hasbro Properties Group (HPG), the intellectual property development arm of Hasbro, Inc., (NYSE:HAS), translates one of the industry’s richest portfolios of brands into a world of fun and excitement for children and adults globally. Through a host of publishing, lifestyle and entertainment platforms, HPG is able to surround fans worldwide with consumer products that expand Hasbro’s core brands, such as TRANSFORMERS, DUEL MASTERS, MY LITTLE PONY, MONOPOLY and CANDY LAND, beyond the toy and game aisle, creating rich lifestyle experiences.

0 comments: