April 14th, 2005 -

With the new GREEN LANTERN #1 just over a month away, DC Comics announces that this hotly anticipated debut issue will sport a spectacular variant cover painted by superstar artist Alex Ross!

"I'm not sure whether I was asked to do this cover or I volunteered, because I'm so devoted to Hal Jordan, but I'm thrilled to be a part of this project," says Ross. "GREEN LANTERN has what I look for in comics: a respect for the past and an embracing of an archetypal character."

Ross's cover serves as a companion piece to the cover by series artists Carlos Pacheco & Jesus Merino. Retailers will receive the two covers in a 50% split.

GREEN LANTERN #1 is written by Geoff Johns, with interior art by Carlos Pacheco & Jesus Merino. It is scheduled to arrive in stores on May 25.

For more information, visit the GREEN LANTERN minisite. Click here for a bigger image.

0 comments: